I’ve just received an email about a job opportunity and thought this one worth sharing! To sum it up:
Job content and responsibility –
- Primarily to implement the department training programme.
- Advise on the preparation of materials for the training programme.
- To train daily, the junior staff and trainees in the department, following the direction of the Director of Stable Operations.
- To ride and train the equestrian horses that the club has, including dressage and jumping
- To re-school some of the polo ponies, teaching them dressage and jumping and to be suitable for members lessons.
- Horse care and stable management on a daily basis, including some daily yard duties.
- Report on the performance and progress of the horses and classes
- Teach member lessons when required.
- Co-ordinate the arrangements for Stable Operations part in Junior Equestrian & Polo Programme (JEPP)
- Develop the equestrian Services department as the occasion arises with the Director of Stable Operations.
- Assist with the planning and running of the 2017 Chinese National Equestrian Games.
Educational background and professional knowledge demand –
Educated to Degree Level, any subject.
BHS Stage 3 or Pony Club B Test or above
PTT qualification is preferred.
Professional skill demand –
Capable of Jumping 1.10m courses
Able to school horses to Medium level Dressage
Clear communicator Working experience demand5 + years experience working with competition sports horses.
Practiced instructor, dressage and show jumping
Experience of breaking and/or re-training horses
To have managed a yard of horses before
Some event management experience beneficial
Microsoft Office computer skills
Overseas experience is preferable
Some Mandarin and/or Spanish language skills would be beneficial
This position is for the Metropolitan Polo Club in Tianjin, China. It is a 3 year contract offering 35000RMB/Month Gross = approx. 3500GBP (approx. 3000GBP/ month net, depending on exchange rate); 20 days holiday per year / 11 days national holiday per year / 1 return flight per year to your country of residence / Time off in lieu for overtime.
To discuss this opportunity further please contact John Fisher, Director of Stable Operations, attaching your current CV: email@example.com