Recently I had Twin Work and Volunteer follow me on Twitter. Curious to see if they had any horse related GAP travels or paid work, I did a search and found they do!
Now I’ve touched on equestrian tourism before, but thought I’d bring it up as a potential niche market for a career again. For someone who loves horses, loves travelling and gets along with people, this could be an area of interest to pursue as a possible line of work. How wonderful to be able to offer people an equine related experience in the form of:
- GAP years after school
- Experiencing horse work in another country, such as a jackaroo/jillaroo in Australia, polo work in Argentina or dressage work in Germany
- Trail rides in different countries
- Carriage rides around states or territories
- Horse breed learning opportunities
- Opportunities to ride varying disciplines across Europe
- The chance to witness the world’s greatest races
Horse museums could be visited, horse art galleries and much more. To be someone in the know about all things horses around the world would be of great benefit to such a job.
“As they run through arenas and open fields, past mountains and seas, moving like the wind toward heaven, we travel with them, if only in our hearts.” – Author unknown