This week’s letter is M. If you missed last week’s Friday Feature, take a look at Law (Equine).
Equine ministries can come in a myriad of different jobs. They tend to commonly involve helping people through situations, guiding them about how to cope in adversity and focus on faith in God.
Tasks may include:
- Pastoral Care
- Visiting people in different areas or having them come to you
- Working for a particular organisation (e.g. the racing industry in a given state)
- Providing equine therapy (handling or riding)
- Working with many different people – one on one or in a group situation
For someone who has a heart to reach out to and practically help people through emotional difficulties, a form of ministry with horses may be worth looking into. If that is the case, the following posts may be of interest:
- Chaplains for the Racing Industry
- Equine Ministries
- Equine Missions – Mission Travel Giveaway
- Ministry with Horses
- Profile On: Lynn Baber, Equine Ministry
“I don’t help people with horse problems, I help horses with people problems.” – Tom Booker (The Horse Whisperer)