This week’s letter is N. If you missed last week’s Friday Feature, take a look at Mounted Police.
Nutrition plays a vital role in the life of any person or animal. It can be particularly important to get right in the equine species due to developmental issues that can occur if it’s wrong.
For someone who has a keen interest in horse nutrition and wishes to utilise it as a career choice, they will need to consider a science degree. Positions could then be found with a company like Kentucky Equine Research or Mitavite.
Some things to note:
- Nutrition is quite complex scientifically – a science degree such as Equine Science should be explored
- There are many feeds on offer, some of which are not nutritionally the most viable option for horses, but are popular anyway
- Nutritionists can provide advice to large horse businesses and individuals, formulate diets and even assess pastures
- If interested in pasture assessment, an agricultural degree may be a better course to take
For other posts that relate to this area of work on Equus-Blog, take a look at:
- A World of Nutrition
- Equine Nutrition
- Equine Nutritionist
- FeedXL Horse Nutrition
- Profile On: Brooke Charteris
“Horseperson’s Glossary – Feed: Expensive substance used to manufacture manure.” – Author unknown