I was contacted recently about joining a horse business related group on LinkedIn. The person who invited me is a part of Duncan Dovico Accountants and Advisors.
What caught my attention about this business was that they have an area of their services that is dedicated to helping out equine businesses! On their site it states:
“DD Equine is a specialist Division within the DUNCAN DOVICO (“DD”) Accounting Practice established to provide Accounting and Taxation services to the Equine Industry and its participants.”
How great to see an area that is important to all businesses, that focuses on helping horse businesses. The best aspect for me is that the team members know horses and the equine industry. If you have an interest in horses and accounting, perhaps gaining a role in such a business could be your ideal job!
How would you know what is focused on? Well on this site, they indicate that services cover:
- Taxation Advice to Individuals and Business Owners
- Specialist Taxation and Accounting advice to Horse Breeders, Horse Owners and other industry participants
- Assisting clients commencing their equine business with start up strategic planning and important structuring advice.
- Preparation of Individual taxation returns and all related matters with the Australian Taxation Office
- Tax and related advice for property owners, including rural property owners, farming and related enterprises
- Specialist Self Managed Superannuation Fund services
Further to this, they have also generated complimentary contacts within the equine industry:
- Expert Legal Advisors specialising in the equine area
- Insurance Brokers specialising in bloodstock and equine related cover
- Financiers and Lenders providing lending solutions for assets including – bloodstock, property, plant and equipment
- Financial Planners who work with us to assist you to develop wealth creation strategies
Is it wrong that money and horses are two topics that cause me so much interest? 😉
If you’re interested in finding out more about DD Equine, take a look at their site – who knows, it may open up an idea for a new job role!
“I used to have money, now I have horses.” – Author unknown