Monday October 14th is a day for the high school age student who is interested in a horse racing career, or checking it out as a possibility. Another such event was held in April this year. The day will be made up of:
- 10am meet at the National Centre for Equine Education for a careers talk and tour of the facility
- 10.45am tour the Wangaratta Equine Hospital and talk with a vet
- 11.30am head to Wangaratta Racetrack and tour Ledger Racing
- 12 head across to the races
- Meet various industry professionals to talk with and ask questions, such as the gateman, stablehand, trainer, clerk of the course, starter, swabbing vet, stewards, barrier attendants and more
This is a great opportunity to meet with people that make a race day come together and also to learn about the different jobs that are available within the horse racing industry.
Students will also get to go behind the barriers, into the stewards room, up to the race caller box whilst a race is being called, meet jockeys (male and female) and some students will even do an interview with TVN (Thoroughbred Vision).
This is truly a great opportunity for students in the North East Victoria area to be able to gather as much information and ask as many questions as they can on the day about working in this industry. Interested? Send through a request about it via the above ‘contact us’ link on the NCEE page.
“I have seen things so beautiful they have brought tears to my eyes. Yet, none of them can match the gracefulness and beauty of a horse running free.” – Author unknown